Thursday 28 April 2011

Traces.

Following my work on my own family, I have looked in closer and begin searching within the domestic environment, documenting the traces of a family. Small details within a house which builds a home. This work is based on Colin Gray's work, "The Parents". In his work he documents his parents live, during this time his mother becomes ill and eventually passes away. During her illness Gray focuses on his mother. He photographs her skin very closely and xrays her bag. This work examines his mother and her existence. (examples below.) I have applied this to my work in the sense of examining my parents and brother. The traces of a family.


















Colin Gray...






1 comment:

  1. Saw your work at the degree show today. Really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete