Sunday 20 February 2011

Family.



My work is dealing with my relationship with my family. My family consists of my Mother, Father and older Brother. My idea stemmed from an image my Grandfather took of my Dad and Auntie when they were young. I find the way the images were posed to be quite unusually and an unconviential portrait.

Through this work, I have begun to explore the traditional roles of my family. Therefore it has become a self-representation of myself through my family. How I have grown as a person due to my environment.

This image shows my family in the most communal area of our home. My father has taken control of the cable release and I have instructed him to take the image when he feels appropriate. This represents his dominating role within the family, as a leader and a provider for us.





No comments:

Post a Comment